Friday, March 26, 2010

resource: Four Hour Work Week

You may or may not know that I love to travel. I traveled several times a year when we had only two boys. Then I cut back and didn't travel for several years as I had numbers 3, 4, and 5. Then when they were ages 8yrs, 6yrs, 4yrs, 2yrs, and 6 mths I did a three month trip to the west coast via UT and back.

Then we bought the property and lived through the past four years......

Now once again we are traveling a bit more. Last year we made it to UT for the first time in four years. This year we're headed to the west coast again, via UT again. But only for two weeks or so. We also are heading to Michigan to visit Brent's brother and his family for a week. We have also traveled to the west side of the state many times since Courtney came back to WI!

Last fall I realized that if our plan to travel the US was going to happen, we needed to get on it! Than wasn't getting any younger! We have about 4 1/2 years left with him, then he's off on his mission and then who knows where! So I began plotting and planning!

Several resources have fallen into my hands, literally. One is a book called: Four Hour Work Week. I had dropped the older boys off at Scouts and had an hour or more to kill. I ended up at the library and by sheer chance, pulled this book off the shelf. I don't completely remember what I was looking for, maybe something to do with business starting, maybe something to do with cleaning.....it's just not coming back to me.

The book has some great practical info on traveling, but it's mostly focused on freeing you up to live the life you want to. It has some real eye openers and some real challenges, but we're so happy with the things we've implemented, or tried to implement!

Tim Ferris is the author and he talks about spending less time on email and on the phone and gives hands on strategies on how to do that. He also talks about applying the 80/20 rule to your life, across the board. I love it and the results that I've gotten.

So here is the website: http://fourhourworkweek.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment